Thursday 10 May 2012

The kitchen reno

This not the first kitchen I’ve built but it is the first I’ve made from so many cobbled together materials.
I bought a very knocked about timber kitchen from ebay, I have a steel frame and grey laminate bench top and I will make a few cabinets and assorted doors myself.
As we are doing all the work ourselves and saving for extras as we go it’s going to take a few weeks to get it to a usable stage and probably many months until it’s finished.
The chaos.
 
I like this type of project, it will evolve as we find or make all the components. I like a lived in look, if it looks like it’s been here for 100 years when I’ve finished I’ll love it. 
So much dust.
 
One section of bench top is sanded and ready for the first coat of sealer. Time for a big clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment